The Music Festival program for the 24th annual Edgewater Arts & Music Festival scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 20 at Old River Road and Thompson Lane, Edgewater, will run from 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Admission is free.
The Festival program is:
10:00-4:00 12th annual Edgewater Ford Assembly Plant Vintage Auto Show
11:00-6:00 24th annual Edgewater Arts & Music Festival
11:00 A.M. Music Festival Opens, Main Stage
11:30-1:00 Alec and The Pocket – Pop, Jazz
1:00-2:30 Sue Maskaleris and Trio do Rio – Latin beat with guest singer
2:30-4:00 Itaiguara – Brazilian bassist and trio
4:00-4:30 Artist Awards Ceremony
4:30- 6:00. Mista B and The Boyz – R&B
Music Sponsors: Yogart Frozen Yogurt Studio and UFC Gym,
Media Sponsors: Edgewater Residential and WBGO Jazz88.3 FM
The Music Festival runs concurrent with the juried Arts Competition and the 12th annual Edgewater Ford Assembly Plant Vintage Auto Show, which takes place 10:00 AM-4:00 PM at Edgewater Commons. The car show is also judged and 41 trophies are available in this show. Winners will be announced starting at 2:30 p.m. Registration fee is $12 in advance, $18 on the day of the show. Fees waived for all vehicles pre 1930 and all vehicles made in Edgewater.
The juried art competition anticipates more than 80 artists will participate. This year, the Festival will recognize 13 winning artists and award a record amount of $5,125 in art awards. Also a Student Artist Runner-Up category of $125 has been added and is being underwritten by NY Waterway.
There is free parking at Edgewater Commons, and a free continuous jitney will take visitors between the Auto Show and the Art & Music Festival from 11 am- 6 PM.
Local merchants have donated valuable gifts and a Raffle Drawing will be conducted at the Edgewater Arts Council Festival Booth at 5:00 PM. The Festival Booth is located under a red tent at the intersection of Thompson Lane and Old River Road.
The total prize awards of $5,125 are:
* Best of Show: $1,000 Prize -sponsored by Borough of Edgewater
* Best Art: $500 First Prize: $250 runner-up – sponsored by Mariner’s Bank
* Best Photography: $500 First Prize: $250 runner-up – sponsored by Verizon
* Best Craft: $500 First Prize: $250 runner-up – sponsored by Whole Foods Market
* Best Mixed Media: $500 First Prize: $250 runner-up – sponsored by Anonymous Benefactor
* Best Student Artist: $250 First Prize: $125 runner-up – sponsored by NY Waterway
“We expect over 4000 attendees this year”, said Lynne Grasz Hall, President, Edgewater Arts Council. “This will be our largest event, and it’s free for the whole family. We’ve added more artists and vendors and have expanded our Festival two blocks further north into the Municipal parking lot to accommodate all the new artists and to expand our Music area. We’ve also expanded our children’s area with great partnerships with Professional Art Academy and the Edgewater Borough Library, and we look forward to having families come to enjoy the music, the art and the vintage cars”.
More than 80 artists will compete for $5,125 in cash prizes in seven categories: Art, Photography, Mixed Media, Fiber Arts, Craft and Student Art. First prize in each category is $500, and a $250 “Runner Up” category will be awarded in the six main categories. A $1000 “Best of Show” will be awarded during the Artist Award ceremony at 4:00 from the Main Stage area.
For more information, visit www.edgewaterartsnj.org For pre-show registration or any information about the car show, call 201-886-9532.
- 23rd annual Edgewater Arts & Music Festival: September 14th 2014
- Edgewater Arts Council issues “Call for Artists” for Sept. 9 Art & Music Festival
- 22nd Annual Edgewater Arts & Music Festival Offers Free Jazz in the Afternoon Plus $4000 Juried Art Competition and Vintage Auto Show
- Winners announced at 20th annual Edgewater Arts & Music Festival